Track 3 - Real-Time (and Networked) Embedded Systems
University of Porto, Portugal
University of Balearic Islands, Spain
Download Call for Papers
Click here to download the track cfp.
Industry is increasingly permeated with embedded systems involved in complex functionality, distributed intelligence and adaptive behaviour. Some of these features are deployed locally exploiting new powerful computing architectures while other are offloaded to peripheric or remote computing centres through ubiquitous connectivity and global networks. This track focuses on the challenges that arise from designing these systems, particularly given real-time, power, reliability, available resources and other constraints.
Topics under this track include (but not limited to)
- Application and Platform models: Real-Time Computing; Real-Time and Embedded Operating Systems and Communications; Networked and Distributed Embedded Systems; Multi/Many-Core Embedded Systems; Wireless Sensor (and Actuator) Networks; Cyber Physical Systems; Industrial Internet-of-Things; Integration with Cloud/Fog/Edge Computing.
- Design, Analysis and Deployment methods: Design Tools, Flows and Methodologies; Hardware/Software Co-Design; Components, Platforms and Re-Use; Synthesis and Code-Generation; Formal Methods; Verification and Validation; Data Integration and Fusion; Quality of Service; Timing and Schedulability Analysis.
- Architectures and System-wide issues: Distributed and System-on-Chip Architectures; Reconfigurable Real-Time Systems; Context-Aware and Self-Organizing Systems; Mixed-Criticality Real-Time Systems; Reliable and Fault-Tolerant Real-Time Systems; Energy and Performance Optimization.
- Sebastian Altmeyer, University of Augsburg, Germany
- Akramul Azim, University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Canada
- Moris Behnam, Mälardalen University, Sweden
- Konstantinos Bletsas, Polytechnic Institute of Porto, Portugal
- Reinder J. Bril, TU Eindhoven, Netherlands
- Antonio Casimiro, University of Lisbon, Portugal
- Jian-Jia Chen, Technische Universität Dortmund, Germany
- Liliana Cuco-Grosjean, INRIA, France
- Marco Di Natale, Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna, Italy
- Petru Eles, University of Linkoping, Sweden
- Marcelo Götz, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
- Martin Horauer, UAS Technikum Wien, Austria
- Marcio Kreutz, Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil
- Istvan Lakatos, Széchenyi István University Gyoer, Hungary
- Ricardo Marau, University of Aveiro, Portugal
- Julio Medina, Universidad de Cantabria, Spain
- Saad Mubeen, Mälardalen University, Sweden
- Nicolas Navet, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg
- Thomas Nolte, Malardalen University, Sweden
- Luis Oliveira, University of Pittsburgh, USA
- Claudio Passerone, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- Roberto Passerone, University of Trento, Italy
- Francisco Pozo, ABB Power Grids AB, Sweden
- Luca Santinelli, Airbus, Germany
- Jean Luc Scharbarg, Université de Toulouse - IRIT - INPT/ENSEEIHT, France
- Frank Singhoff, University of Brest, France
- Pedro Souto, University of Porto, Portugal
- Andreas Steininger, Technical University of Wien, Austria
- Marco Wehrmeister, Federal University of Technology - Parana, Brazil